COVID-19 updates from ariia
More than ever, our hospitality sector needs to come together to help one another through these difficult times. We’re determined to do our part and we’re grateful for the many industry experts, hoteliers, tech partners and ariia team members who have all pledged their support for colleagues and friends.
…our hospitality sector needs to come together to help one another through these difficult times
Support for businesses
The government knows that all these measures have a huge impact on businesses, households and people across the country and has taken action to protect lives and incomes.
- more than £330 billion is being made available in loans and guarantees
- another £20 billion is being given to businesses through tax relief and cash grants
- HMRC is deferring VAT payments for the next quarter
Support for workers
For workers and families:
- the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme means employees can receive 80% of their wages up to a maximum of £2,500 per month
- the Coronavirus Self Employment Income Support Scheme will provide a grant to most self-employed individuals or partnerships, worth 80% of their profits up to a cap of £2,500 per month
- extra support for the unemployed and those on low incomes through Universal Credit and Tax Credits, worth up to £1,040
- nearly £1 billion of additional support for renters
- mortgage holidays of three months for anyone in difficulty due to coronavirus, including owners of buy to let properties
This is just some of the support available for businesses and workers. Further information is available at gov.uk/coronavirus.